Thursday, November 18, 2010

A rainy day for a hawker 一个小贩在下雨的一个早上 ...


I have been asking myself what do I actually like about Kuala Lumpur (KL). Food? Absolutely!



Eating out in Malaysia is a real gastronomic adventure. This morning, I was early in this market for the hawker food before my lecture at the college.
The rain started ....



And never stopped for a long time .... I had my camera with me, luckily .... 



I do not normally do street photography but there is just no where to go with my camera in this raining conditions before my lecturing assignment ....



Kuala Lumpur weather forecast ... 
"Heavy rain. Mostly cloudy. Mild. Widely scattered thunderstorm"... 
since the past few weeks ....




For that hour I stayed here waiting for the rain to stop, she did not sell a single newspaper .... 
Rainy days must be difficult for most people in the city who depends on a dry day to make a living ...
I guess I am lucky, my lectures are always in-side a building, rain or dry, my work goes on ....

And I bought a newspaper from her before I left this market when the rain was over ....

27 comments:

Markun taideblogi said...

Hienoja kuvia, Terveisiä
Markku

Wind said...

Well, Wong!
Life is not fair sometimes!
Rainy and cold days...will come here soon, also!
Wonderful images!
Best regards!

Traveling Hawk said...

Welldone, Wong! Good for you, you bought that newspaper! I feel sorry for people (and there are far too many on Earth) who struggle so hard for a living.

Carolina Tavares said...

I love this kind of photo reportage and know what is happening across the world. How much day to day struggle of the people!

Thanks for sharing.

Marisa said...

Wonderful series !!

Olivier said...

belles photos, avec une preference pour la premiere

Joop Zand said...

Good pictures Wong.

greetings, Joop

Serline said...

我也会帮她买一份...

Anna said...

I LOVE THE COLORS!! SIMPLEMENTE EXPECTACULARES!!!UNA VISIÓN MUY PARTICULAR DE LA VIDA COTIDIANA. CONGRATULATIONS.11

Two Tigers said...

Lovely series of photos, W, including the "alternate" view in monochrome. And how good of you to buy a paper instead of just taking the photos and moving on...

Bitch said...

Wong.
I love your pictures and with this so well
telling story..
In these countries the rain is coming out of
the blue!

pietrzyk said...

Very good series.Greetings Andrzej.

Patrick Lucas said...

good shots

Happy reading dry ...:))

Cloudia said...

you truly capture the life of the City!




Aloha from Waikiki :)

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


<°)}}><

bicocacolors said...

of course you have not wasted time in waiting, the photos are great!!!

ρομπερτ said...

Your pictures surely have become deep poetry.


daily athens

Ken Mac said...

love the angles, the color, the slice of life you've captured here

Alexander DeLarge said...

WONG I LOOOVE THESE! No really, I think they're a bit different from what you do, but as you always show, you are a 'versatile' photographer. Very very nice!

Alex.

PS: I love the previous post too, but I'm so loaded with work that since Sunday I couldn't even catch a freakin' break.

T. Becque said...

Nice street photography. The sepia image is wonderful.

Wersemei said...

Una serie muy buena de imágenes que nos muestran la cotidianiedad de esa persona.
Saludos!!

Joanne said...

Brilliant series here, love them:)

Sciarada said...

Buongiorno Wong, you have read an interesting excerpt from everyday life, you told the story with pictures of a life, really impressive to me!

MKL said...

Malaysia has best food in Asia.. well, after Taiwan. Taiwan is my no 1, but Malaysia is a close second.

JuanDeOtto said...

Congratulations, you have an excelent blog and work.

Greetings from Spain

Erika said...

Hi Wong. I like very much the first and the third picture and above all your little tale.
Have a nice day
erika

Cecilio Bastos said...

Ensaio gigante de humanismo! Muito bom Wong!

Grande abraço caro amigo!

veredit said...

Thanks for these authentic impressions! Perfect street photography!


wish you a wonderful weekend.
isabella