Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Were you into music when you were young 当你年轻时, 你有玩一些乐器吗 ...


Dec 05, 2010 Subang Parade ...
Yahama Guitar & Drum Fair ...



I remember I did some classical guitar as well as some organ for several years in 
high school, and those musical pieces by Bach are not
the easiest to work on ...



I have just totally abandoned the musical "stuff" when I left 
for the University and has never picked up a
guitar or played the organ since then ...



I guess I don't have any talent for music as I
was the slowest to play the pieces "right" in class ...



Oh, seeing someone plucking the guitar really reminds me of
the hours I spent on it as a teenager ...

I still remember my guitar teacher, Mr Simon at
the Yamaha Music School 
who I think was a perfectionist and measures every 
tune I play with his sharp ears ...

"Music should be played with the ears and your heart
and not from your eyes or hands" ...
I can still remembered his words
as he repeats it in every lesson for several years ...



not sure I will ever pick up a guitar at my age now after
so many years ...

I don't think I dared to pick up the guitars here as it cost a little bit
over $13000 malaysian ringgit for any of the
classical or electrical guitars ...

15 comments:

Olivier said...

belle serie de macro sur les guitares

smalldot said...

little nostalgic? :)
never to late or to old to do something you did before, you wouldn't be the best, but if you like it.. just for fun, you should try sometimes, even for remember :)

Luz said...

Wang que bueno sos un artista completo también tuve una banda se llamaba Midi y los Microchips"
saludos! Hermosa serie !

Joop Zand said...

They are all very nice Wong,
well done.

Regards, Joop

Lavinia Ban said...

You should go for it if you enjoy it... I suppose it's our duty to explore everything that can bring joy in our lives, of course, as long as we don't harm the others :)Your teacher was however right... music should be played with the heart

Denise Scaramai said...

very good shots!!
so clean!
hugs

Costea said...

An article caressing my soul rocker. Fine guitars.

Bitch said...

Your teacher made a big mistake..
He should see those pictures now!!

ρομπερτ said...

It was mostly Blues and Soul I did listen to from early on. Once I played the Guitar beneath a window ... ;)

Please have a wonderful Tuesday.

daily athens

Olga Ricci said...

Bellísima serie! Me gusta el juego de planos, enfoques y desenfoques...Saludos

Carolina Tavares said...

Yahama always been a reference of the best brands of instruments. I think the guitar is an instrument to cry ... Who plays the guitar makes you cry. If one can understand the subjectivity. The heart and the gift in music are undoubtedly valuable.

Cloudia said...

I still like to play my flute...


Aloha from Hawaii

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


<°)}}><

Randy said...

Wonderful photos. I was thinking of music I was listening to when I was young just the other day.

Levonne said...

Nice shots. I'm hoping you will pick up a guitar and play again with reckless abandon from your heart.

Nurr Kasih said...

very nice shoots Mr.Wong. guna lens 50mm ke?