Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting close to the Spiritual Journey 亲近精神之旅 ...



January 19th, 2011 Penang Thaipusam (4)
槟城大宝森节

Getting close to the Spiritual Journey
亲近精神之旅 ...

Pilgrimage 朝圣 ...

 07:54 am
A devotee performing his spiritual journey following the chariot ...

Blessings 祝福 ...

 07:57 am
A photographer get blessed too along the way ...



 08:00 am
I was right behind this Hindu devotee ready to be blessed ...

Spiritual Procession 精神之旅 ...

 08:04 am
Not me as I took this shot ...



 08:06 am
Devotees receive offerings from the chariot ...



 08:10 am
As the chariot turn into the road to continue the procession ...



 08:17 am
It stopped shortly again for more blessings to be done ...


 08:18 am
I hope you have enjoyed this series on the
first day of the Celebration of Thaispusam in Penang ...
For me, it was an unforgettable 2.5 hours Journey ...
I think it was may be around 500 meters from the temple where the procession
begins until this point ...



08:20 am
Seeing the devotees pushing the chariot from the back
is the last scene of the procession for me as I had
to head back to class as my lecture starts at 09:00 am ...

18 comments:

João de Sousa said...

Great Work!

Absolut!


João

Joop Zand said...

Mr. Wong

your great !!!!.... what a beautiful serie.

greetings and a nice weekend, Joop

Laura.M said...

Wong, me ha gustado mucho este reportaje. Ha sido un placer verlo.
Saludos. Laura

veredit said...

Dear Wong, this are fantastic pictures from a truly completely foreign world. Full of charm and wonderful impressions, up close, vibrant, beautiful! A great documentary with stunning pictures - thank you for this journey into an unknown land!

my best greetings and a nice weekend, isabella

JM said...

What a wonderful series! Favourite shot: the fruit plate and blurred background.

Mama-Bug said...

A great enlightening post and wonderful photos.

Traveling Hawk said...

I liked very much allt eh series. From this one, the first and last photos are my favourites.

Have a nice weekend, Wong!

Wind said...

Very interesting celebration Thaispusam!
I have read something in my books and on internet about this!
Interesting stories about this in your photo!
My compliments, Wong!

Solo Para said...

nice photography, good blog, a like it...
saludos desde chile

Digwas Hegde said...

nice street photography

Eyeliquor said...

Thank you Wong!
You keep on surprising me!
Well done!

Kenneth Larsson said...

As always very nice and interesting photos!

Have a nice day! :-)

Erika said...

Thank you Wong for sharing these very interesting pictures.
Have a nice weekend
erika

Cloudia said...

Such an amazing place, Penang!

You are a worthy chronicler of the wonders.

Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


<°)}}><

ρομπερτ said...

Felt images. The 'hands picture' my favourite. Please have a good weekend.

Isabel said...

The colours of your photographs is wonderfull!

essec said...

Bellissimo reportage!

teca said...

A stupendous report!
A different way of looking at life...
A hug and good weekend.