Sunday, January 9, 2011

Green is beautiful 绿色是美丽的 ...


Green is beautiful
绿色是美丽的 ...



Do you know why American Money is Green ?
American currency became green in 1929. Before that time, it seems that it was
 printed in black with tinted flecks of color. A fact known to counterfeiters who
raised the printing without disturbing the ink. Tracy R. Edson (the founder of the
American Bank-note Company) purchased a special type of ink that would not
photocopy, and resistant to elemental changes.and it was green.
 The American Department of Treasury simply continued that practice ...



Do you have green stress ?
According to the New York Times, there has been an increasing amount of people
 that report anxiety and stress because they feel like they are never as green as
 they would like to be. And, believe it or not, such anxious thoughts about the
environment can have negative impacts on your emotional state, your health,
and your relationships ...



Why are red apples sweet and green apples sour?
I have always thought that was true, but until I tried some really sweet green apples lately
and tasted some sour red apples ...



Is Green good for the eyes ?
I remember when I first started to wear glasses at the age of 8, and for 40 years;
I have been hearing people saying about looking at the green to help ease the eyes.
The doctors also keep on saying about the same sort of thing ...



But today, green was not just good for my eyes but also good for my camera ...

22 comments:

teca said...

I love green! Green relaxes me...

Beautiful pictures, Wong!

Good Sunday.

Kisses.

Traveling Hawk said...

Exceptional macros, Wong! very interesting information you brought here about US dollars or the green stress! I like green and I look for green lanscape everywhere. I like the green of my garden, where I relax with my flowers.

Flo de Sendai said...

Lovely photos, Wong !
In northern Japan, now, WHITE IS BEAUTIFUL....and cold !

Steve Ballmer said...

Indeed!

http://fakesteveballmer.blogspot.com

Two Tigers said...

Good for the eyes, good for your camera, and good for the soul! Beautiful images, Wong, and a fun and interesting narrative! Many thanks.

Randy said...

While I love the Winter these made me long for Springtime.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Great shots and very interesting facts.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Hilary said...

Oh wow.. these are so vivid and vibrant. It makes me want spring all the more.

wind said...

I want to thank you for this green post!
During this long Romanian winter my only wish is to hide in a cave to sleep until spring come!...ha ha ...like bears!
Thank you again!
I wish you a happy Sunday!

Lasse said...

It sure was good for your camera,,,and thanks for the lesson!
Have a wonderful day! Greetings from Sweden,

Faaein Himura said...

Go green...

I like green..

green make me so peaceful.. =]

nice shoot wong.. =]

pharaonx said...

nice. sharp, beautiful contrast. i like it.

Patrick Lucas said...

Yes Mr Wong !! green est very beautiful .. :)

Tommy Andre Nekkoy said...

It will be a longe time before we se such nice green colores in Norway - Therefore I enjoy your photos so much - Well done

MIMOSA said...

Beautiful shots, color, clarity and transparency are really beautiful. So are the stories related to color.
Greetings

La sonrisa de Hiperión said...

Verde luz, la de la naturaleza...

Saludos y un abrazo.

Cristóbal García said...

Very interesting this post,Wong...With beautiful photos!

Greetings.

Ruth B. said...

Great shots.

smalldot said...

nice nice

Dominic Gendron said...

You made green...pretty beautiful!

Carolina Tavares said...

When I saw this series first saw pictures of the leaves and then read your text. I was delighted with the leaves because I love leaves and photographer as well. My favorite are the leaves of platinus which is part of the leaf flag of Canada. But these are special. How much detail! I remembered the time I did cytology lab sheets and examined under a microscope.
After I read the text because there was a new spell that had long perceived the factor that relieves the stress on the green in nature. The human being in balance with nature has natural factors in their power to relieve stress as serotonin released by the body during physical activity and the green of nature and the sound of ocean waves. I speak not in anger but the nature of nature in harmony with man. I tell my patients that day and I was pleasantly surprised to read your text and confirm what I say.
Excuse me long text.

Hugs.

andrey salikov said...

Beautiful shots