Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tea 茶 ...


Tea 
茶 ...


普洱茶 [pǔěr chá] ...
[pǔěr chá] (普洱茶), known as black tea in Chinese (not the black English tea, 
which I think is known as red tea in Chinese), is another member of the 
Ten famous Tea (十大名茶) ...
According to the story, Zhu Ge Liang (诸葛亮) from the Three Kingdoms period (三国时期),
pursuaded the Yunnan (云南) people to plant tea to improve their livelihoods. 
The tea is very popular in Cantonese dim sum (粤式点心) restaurants, 
[pǔěr chá] (普洱茶) and seems recently, has had a spell of popularity outside of China 
due to Victoria Beckham (维多利亚贝克汉姆) referring to it as 
“the miracle skinny tea“ (奇迹瘦身茶)...



茶砖 [chá zhuān] ...
Literally Tea bricks or [chá zhuān] (茶砖), are blocks of 
whole or finely ground green tea, black tea, or post-fermented tea leaves
 that have been packed in molds and then which are pressed into block form. 
Not so common today, but I like to keep a few of these at home ...



香片 [xiāng piàn] ...
But it is not that tea called 香片 [xiāng piàn] which is my favorite anyway, 
it is the tea cup which I use everyday at work ...
As I understand, it is made from Yixing clay (宜兴), 
is a type of clay from the region near the city of 
Yixing in Jiangsu province (江苏), China ...


20 comments:

wind said...

Wong, I have some problems opening your post images! Can you check for me....or is only me?
Thank you!

Bob Bushell said...

Ah, tea, I love it. You're pictures are fantastic.

Bitch said...

Interesting information all about "skinny
making" tea. As Victoria Beckham is saying.
Wish you a nice weekend!
(I could open easily your posted images)...

siberja said...

I love tea :)

Traveling Hawk said...

Very good series! In my language, tea is "ceai", pronounced very much alike Chinese "cha". The Indians pronounce it quaite the same (and so do the Russians :). So, I ordered "ceai" at breakfast in India and I got a tea with milk! My problem is that I don't take my "ceai" like this! When I asked, they told me: If you ordered "ceai", you got this because this is what we name "cha". To obtain what you want, you have to ask for "tea" or better "black tea", which is for sure the real thing! Well, now I know "black tea" is black (or we name it "Russian tea", and "green tea" is another story. Tea is just tea, which may be of fruits too. I am puzzled now: the tea problem is more complecated than I thought.

Smile said...

Superb shots!

Life Ramblings said...

i enjoy all kinds of tea especially green tea. I love the aroma of fresh green tea leaves.

La sonrisa de Hiperión said...

Vengo a echar un ratito en tu espacio, para llenarme de tus cosillas. Como siempre te agradezco tus comentarios en mi blog.

Saludos y un abrazo.

ruma said...

An Oriental atmosphere...
The kanji brings it on still more.

The moment when a heart is peaceful as for the scene.

ruma

smalldot said...

as every leaf has a history, so every tea leaf has it's own
nice shots

Faaein Himura said...

wah.. i see a dragon there..
nice pic wong.. =]

Laura.M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Produval said...

Gran serie, la que mas me gusta es la ultima, felicidades.

Laura.M said...

El té rojo es mi favotito Wong. Después de la comida siempre lo bebo. La tetera es preciosa!!
Saludos.Laura

Pd. Entra en el blog verás La Torre Eiffel

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love a clay tea cup, and yours is splendid !
I have been drinking different teas lately, when my husband returned from Iraq, he insisted on drinking Chai tea, quite refreshing. Green tea has been on my daily list, but my favorite is no doubt Yorkshire Gold :)
Awesome pictures !
Jo

teca said...

I drink tea every day, of different flavors... I really like it.
I loved the photos, Wong.
A good Sunday to you.
Kisses.

JM said...

Love these details. Beautiful compositions.

Kenneth Larsson said...

Very nice information and beautiful pictures, Wong.

Have a nice day!

Remi said...

Beautiful pictures .. And it's lovely with tea. :)

ρομπερτ said...

You wouldn't believe how much I appreciate and love this entry !

daily athens