Thursday, March 31, 2011

A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...



Nikon 10-24mm
First shots ...

DSC_0041

Got this on Monday evening ...
(Took a shot of this lens this morning using the Nikon 50mm)


A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...


A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...

First shots (SOC) using the Nikon wide-angle at 10mm open wide at F3.5
breakfast yesterday morning before my lecture ...


A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...

A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...

A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...

A whole new perspective 一个全新的视角 ...


Second shots (SOC) using the wide angle lens in
the class room before the students come in ...

I have been contemplating between the
Tokina 11-16 vs the Nikon 10-24

The Tokina's fix F2.8 aperture vs Nikon's Longer Zoom Range
The Tokina's price 1/3 lower then the Nikon lens
The "more" solid build Tokina according to review
The "compatibility" of non-Nikon lens on Nikon cameras
The Tokina's without built-in motor compared to the Nikon with the motor
You bet I read so many reviews about them ...

After 6 months of all that ...
I hope I have made the right decision ...

The wide angle has and will open a whole new
perspective of looking at composition,

my interest for photographing architecture
when deciding on getting the DSLR 15 months ago
will extend further with this lens and
I am looking forward for architectural
photographing in a whole new different perspective ...


20 comments:

Eyeliquor 2 said...

Will pay attention & follow you closely :)
Yep!..things that give life purpose!
Hope the rain is over now!

Randy said...

Nice angle on those shots. Congratulation on the new lens.

Shelley L. Snyder said...

Looking forward to seeing more photos taken with your new lens!

Nurr Kasih said...

wah uwa lens :)..congrats on the new lens. i wish, i can get one he.

Cloudia said...

you educate my eye.

even as I take my simple pictures.

you are an artist!


Aloha to you
from Honolulu!


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

♥♥♥♥ dilaBanGi ♥♥♥♥ said...

wow BRAVOOOOOO
MANTOPPPP lagi sih

Olivier said...

je connais pas le Tokina, mais je trouve le Nikon tres bon (mais plus cher, evidement)

Joop Zand said...

Hello Wong

Congrats with your new toy,
i hope you will make a lot of new pictures with it.

greetings and a nice day, Joop

Wersemei said...

Se ven grandiosas las imágenes, seguro que tus tomas sobre arquitectura te saldrán magníficas.
Un saludo Wong

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

I can learn so much from you!

Ángel said...

Wou!!!
Qué gozada de lente, esas distorsiones del angular extremo son espectaculares. Me gustan.
Cordiales saludos

Traveling Hawk said...

Exceptional shots, Wong!

A very long way for me to go with my no-name camera...But I love my camera anyhow :)

taio said...

fenomenal

UIFPW08 said...

The choices are very personal in photographyand in particular the outfit more appropriate for your camera . Both lenses are of great importance, I have no doubt I choose Nikon.
Ni Hao

Virginia said...

Oh a new toy to play with. What fun. Can't wait to see your new photos!!!

Olga said...

It's a big decision for a photographer to choose the right lenses. I hope they will serve you long, and you'll be happy with them. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Gonçalo said...

Amazing *_* i whant one too :P

Theanne and Baron said...

Very nice...look forward to the photos from this new addition to your cameras!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Congratulations. It's always exciting getting a new lens, it opens a whole new world (and no one understands that like another photographer). I just bought a wide angle last summer. I wanted a Nikkor (too expensive), but had to settle for a Sigma and haven't been disappointed at all. I love it. Can't wait to see your architecture pics.

Costea said...

Choose the target. :)