Friday, May 27, 2011

Eerie feeling of the changing world 变化中的世界, 阴森的感觉 ...



Old coffee shop 旧咖啡馆 ...
Lebuh King ...
Georgetown Penang 槟城 乔治敦 ...

I was born in the 60's ...
in the 70's, a bowl of WanTon Noodle cost $0.30 Ringgit, 
in the 80's, you can get one at $1.50 Ringgit, 
in the 90's, $2.50 Ringgit will do, 
Beyond 2000, a bowl was selling at $3.50 Ringgit, 
In 2011 today, you may not get a bowl with $4.50 Ringgit ...

For the past 15 years, I have 
never had a salary increase nor bonus ...
but I am still glad I still have a job ...

The thought of the shrinking money scares me a little
as I am close to retirement age ...

I wonder what a bowl of Wonton Noddle will cost 
10 years from now,
if I live to see it ...


Old coffee shop 旧咖啡馆 ...

15 comments:

Cloudia said...

We share these concerns as humans, my brother!



Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Duncan D. Horne said...

Yes indeed. It's all about the money...

Duncan In Kuantan

Traveling Hawk said...

The photo is great, Wong!

As concern your meditation, I'm on your side, as I will retire next year...and the situation here is scary. The birth rate dropped a lot and I think in 20-25 years there will not be money for paying pensions...because there will be anybody to work for paying them...I will not be here to witness this but I think to my children...

Andrey Salikov said...

the interesting photograph, three-dimensional

Claudia said...

Beautiful composition with perfect light and details.

AGMPRISMA said...

Good man with a good business, nice shot.
Greetings.

Jorge Muñoz said...

Great image and processing. You are magic, Wong.
Best,
Jorge

Olga said...

Wonderful shot! We all concern about our future,Wang. Have a lovely weekend.

Anne Ueland said...

Great shoot, you always know how to capture a story in you photos :)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I understand, Wong. Even here in America, everything goes up except salaries. We're close to retirement age too (not too close, but within the next 10-20 years), but still wonder if we will actually be able to retire. We may be working much later than our parents ever did. In the meantime, enjoy the soup now. :)

ρομπερτ said...

What an impressive mean to measure time and life. Born in the 70-s, I work since being 15 years of age. First job was ironing in a clothes factory for about 5 Euro/hour. Arriving in Athens I worked as a waiter in a Bar, earning 5 Euro/hour plus tip.
Teaching German as a foreign language earns me between 15 and 20 Euro per hour.

A good tasting future for you all.

Serline said...

Hope you own the home you live in and have a little nest egg stashed away...

Carolina Tavares said...

Interestingly their weights. I notice the same way. There is no way to settle down.

Costea said...

Photo timeless.

AB said...

Yes, this shot really does make it look like time has stood still.