Thursday, August 4, 2011

Durian for Dinner 榴莲晚餐 ...


Do you like Durians ? 
...
(Wikipedia describes: 
The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour, 
strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. 
Some people regard the durian as fragrant; 
others find the aroma overpowering and offensive. 
The smell evokes reactions from 
deep appreciation to intense disgust, 
and has been described variously as 
almonds, rotten onions, turpentine and gym socks.)
...
Some of us like it so much
that we have this for dinner 
...

my dinner last night 我的榴莲晚餐 ...

Durian for Lunch or Dinner 榴莲午餐或晚餐 ...

Durian 榴莲 ...

Eat all you can 任你吃到饱 ...

SS2, Petaling Jaya


13 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Well, well, well, you have made my scrumptious tastes, it is beautiful. So are the photos.

FRANKIE PAIN said...

oh mr WONG I DONT NO NOW WHAT GO EATING BUT YOUR FRUIT I HAVE FEELING BUT I have no test
good appétit

Wersemei said...

Bon apetit...delicioso.
Un abrazo.

Mama-Bug said...

That's a new fruit to me; very odd looking. Hope it tastes better than it looks!

veredit said...

looks so delicious, I would like to try it ...!!

darlin said...

Now this is an interesting looking fruit, it is a fruit is it not? I've never tried it but after you described the smell I think I'll pass! I love your photos, they're so clear and rich looking.

Life Ramblings said...

yummmylicious. those durians are calling out my name. :)

Denise Scaramai said...

Wong,
now I'm intrigued ...
how will it taste? ...

beautiful photos

Chinatours said...

爱榴莲的人留恋那种特殊的味道 而不喜欢吃的人恨的也正是那种与众不同的味儿(可能正因如此 它才在全球8大臭味食物中榜上有名吧)偶尔吃一吃还是挺好的 毕竟是水果之王嘛
Have a nice day!

George said...

I may like the pictures more than the taste.

Cloudia said...

durian is available here, but only appreciated by some :)


Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Joop Zand said...

Lovely pictures Wong...specially the last one.

Serline said...

Back in Singapore for almost a week, and still not eaten a piece of durian yet... aaaaaaargh!