Monday, October 10, 2011

Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2011 (KLPF) 吉隆坡摄影节 ...


As anyone would expect in a Photography event, 
now at its 15th year, 
the KL Photography Festival 2011
is chock full of retailers and camera manufacturers
showing off their products, 
I am here to try them out
...
my D90 has not expired
maybe much lesser value as Nikon
gladly introduced its replacement, the D7000 
last year
but I will keep the D90 
as it has been a faithful companion
...

Me and my son tried out the
Sigma 300-800mm "Bazooka" of Zoom
which I heard cost about USD $10000
...

my son trying out the Sigma 300-800mm 
Super Zoom ...


I don't mind having one of these at home
...

Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2011 (KLPF) ...


the D7000 really feels good in the hands
and I tried them at the Nikon booth,
it seems to take "warmer" picture
and really cool even at ISO 3200.
...
Since the D7000's appearance;
the price of the D90 dropped significantly
and everyone looking forward 
seems to have forgotten the hay days of the D90
except perhaps a few of us who still 
stubbornly and faithfully shoots with it
...

Are we waiting for the D8000, D800, or D400 or what ever ...


The booth I liked most was 
the one with these
"toy" like decorations 
on the cameras 
...

Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2011 (KLPF) ...

Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2011 
(KLPF) ...

7th - 9th October 2011
Mid Valley Exhibition Center, Kuala Lumpur ...


19 comments:

Olivier said...

une belle visite du salon de la photo, j'aime beaucoup l'appareil avec le nounours

Pieces of Sunshine said...

An amazing range of cameras! Pleased you are happy with the one you already have.

s.c said...

Nice to see the personalisation of some camera's. I don't think that is done here in europe. I think that is more in the japanese and chinese culture. Thanks for showing.

Bob Bushell said...

Snap, snap, snapping along. Lovely cameras.

maia said...

Wong, you're amazed as a child by Christmas toys!
This post shows more than ever your passion!
Friendly
Maia

Sabrina said...

deve essere stato davvero interessante!

Eyeliquor said...

I like that shot of the chewing gum machine :)

Theanne and Baron said...

i like to look at the fantastic cameras, thanks for sharing. The bubble gum machine is a color extravaganza...my favorite photo, next favorite is the B&W of the "bear" camera!

LE CHEMIN DES GRANDS JARDINS said...

Beau matériel et excellent reportage. Ton blog est très intéressant.

Bravo,

Un bonjour de France,

Roger

Rob and Mandy said...

This makes me dream, specially the 300-800 mm.......

Art said...

Excellent cameras1

Wind said...

Eh...I would like to have all of those ...
Yes, great cameras!
My best regards!

Muñoz Bautista said...

Congratulations for your blog. Your work is very interesting!!!
Greeting from Spain
Maribel

Erika said...

A very interesting event. The Bazooka is terrific...Very nice those ones with toy decorations. I notice that in your Country the cameras are enchained as well as in mine.
Ciao from Italy

ρομπερτ said...

what wonderful dreams.

please have you all a good tuesday.

Randy said...

It's like a toy store for photographers!

George said...

This looks like a great exhibition. I guess I won't be getting that 'bazooka' lens any time soon. My camera has been replaced by a newer model as well, but I'm sticking with what I have.

UIFPW08 said...

Sorry Wong, and... NIKON D4? You wonder if you can give me the news on the upcoming release of the flagship of the Nikon. I booked a body of D4 I do not know the price nor the timing of distribution to suppliers, I know how to give the information please? Today is the official presentation.
Yhanks Wong.

Signexponyc said...

It was great to go through your post. To get the best click no doubt you need a good camera and photographic sense. All the best.